- Start with a known; either current barometric pressure or current altitude. (NK recommends identifying your current altitude since it is constant.)
- Enter this reference altitude on the barometric pressure screen.
- For K1000-K3500 you would enter this by pressing both outside buttons.
- Take note of the updated barometric pressure that is shown.
- Use this updated barometric pressure as your reference pressure on the altitude screen.
- Now your barometric pressure and altitude are set for your current location/conditions. Important note: If you change altitude the barometric pressure will become inaccurate. If a weather system moves in, the altitude will become inaccurate.
For more info check out our YouTube video on Setting Reference Pressure and Reference Altitude on the Kestrel 4000 series!